There are many keyword research tools in the market but today we are going to explore a free, yet powerful easy to use tool called “Keyword Everywhere”.
When we say “Keyword” a novice user may find it difficult to interpret correctly. Therefore if we put it in a simple way, this is the words / or terms we simply type in Google to search something.
Keywords are the words / or terms we simply type in Google to search for something
What is Keyword Research?
The wikipedia provides a better explanation.
Tired of reading watch a video
Alternative Keyword research tools?
There are powerful paid and free alternatives like SEMRUSH, Ahrefs, Google Keyword Planner, etc in the market. At this moment, let’s leave them for another day and explore how “Keyword Everywhere” really works.
What is “Keyword Everywhere”?
What do Search volume, CPC and Competition mean?
Here are the detailed explanations of these terms.
This is an average of the total searches that people have performed for a particular keyword per month over the last 12 months.
For e.g. a search volume of 1000 means that people have searched for this keyword an average of 1000 times every month for the last 12 months.
The Cost Per Click (CPC) is the amount that advertisers are paying for a single click for this particular keyword in Google Adwords.
The competition is a gauge of the number of advertisers that are running ads on Google Adwords for this specific keyword. The number goes from 0 to 1, with lower values signifying less number of advertisers and higher values signifying more advertisers.
How “Keyword Everywhere” get Search Volume?
Only Google releases their search volume. Even Amazon, YouTube, and other websites do not release this volume. Therefore “Keyword Everywhere” shows the Google Search volume whenever you run a search on YouTube, Amazon or other non-Google sites.
Advantages of “Keyword Everywhere”
Mainly this is a free tool, so there will be no limited functionality or restrictions. The below list explaines the advantages in a broad way.
- Browser addon.
- Provides monthly search volume.
- Provides Cost Per Click (CPC) and “Competition” data for your list of keywords.
- Possibilities to copy keywords directly from Excel and download them as an Excel, CSV or PDF file.
- Right click to get keyword data for the selected words from any website.
- You are able to view keyword search volume, cost per click and competition data, on many websites like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools (now called Search Console), Ubersuggest, Majestic and Moz Open Site Explorer.
How do I install “Keyword Everywhere”?
In the home page, you will see the following options. You can click directly to install by clicking one of the desired options shown below.
- Install for chrome
- Install for FireFox
Steps to setup the configuration
- Once you have installed the browser addon for Chrome/Firefox – Click the Keywords Everywhere icon () that shows up at the top right of your browser. If you do not see this icon, the addon was not installed correctly. Try to uninstall it and then reinstall it.
- In the popup that opens up, click the link “Update Settings”. This will open the settings page.
- Enter your API Key in the text box at the top of the page. If you do not have an API key, get one from “Get API Key” option in the menu.
- Click Validate button to Validate the API key
- Go to google.com and search for any common keyword. The metrics will show up under the search box.
- For other websites like Google Analytics, the keywords are shown inside a table. The browser add-on adds new columns in the table for the keyword search volume and CPC.
- Shows “Related Searches” box
- Shows “People Also Search For” box
My Favorite Feature: “People Also Search For”
How to use the “Keyword Everywhere” tool?
The keyword data shows up automatically when you visit any supported website. To test this, simply visit google.com and search for a phrase that has keyword volume – for e.g. search for “keyword”. When the results are returned, you will see the keyword metrics right underneath the search box.
That way, you don’t need to copy and paste keywords into the Google Keyword Planner. The data shows up in your Chrome browser. Very cool right.
I updated the API Key, but unable to see the data
Please try to uninstall the add-on and then reinstall it. You do not need to regenerate the key – you can use the same one that was sent to you.
Isn’t it working like a builtin feature in the browser itself?
Update : Keywords everywhere is not a free tool anymore
They introduced a credit system and they charge you for buying credits to enable search results. As per their website “One credit gets you the volume, CPC and competition data for one keyword”. For details, you may visit this page.
If you liked this article write your comments below and join our Forum to take this forward.
ITSM learn online legitimate Mark as Final master card microsoft excel microsoft outlook Microsoft Word mouseflow Netcraft odesk online money paste special payoneer payoneer account paypal payza PDCA pull out usb recall email recall this message reemyu replace email session playback Sybex transpose trust trust faceapp udemy udemy affiliate undo email universal serial bus Unsend email usability testing usb usb 1.0 usb 2.0 usb 3.0 usb 3.1 usb drive US payment service visitor clicks website analysis website review worksheet
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?